• 31 of 95

P530990

Uploaded on:
11/03/2009 03:06:57
Type:
Digital Asset
File Size:
221.28 KB
Dimensions:
1000 x 677 pixels
2138 views 4 downloads
P number: P530990
Caption: Building in Hamilton Place, Edinburgh, Lothian Region.
Description: This building is part of one of the later New Town developments in Edinburgh, constructed in 1824. The front elevation was completely refaced with new stone in 1985, with the aid of a grant from the Edinburgh New Town Conservation Committee (now the Edinburgh World Heritage Trust). The new stone is from Stancliffe in Derbyshire and has a pale yellowish appearance making it stand out from the surrounding buildings which still have their original stone. However with time the new stone will gradually discolour and will start to tone in with the adjacent original masonry.
Date taken: 25/06/1905
Photographer: Unknown
Copyright statement: Unknown
Orientation: Landscape
Size: 221.28 KB; 1000 x 677 pixels; 85 x 57 mm (print at 300 DPI); 265 x 179 mm (screen at 96 DPI);
Average Rating: Not yet rated
Categories: Best of BGS Images/ Stone and the built heritage (Building Britain)  

Reviews

There is currently no feedback