• 27  of  99
Uploaded on:
19/02/2009 07:01:59
Type:
Digital Asset
File Size:
351.67 KB
Dimensions:
1000 x 796 pixels
1343 views 4 downloads
P number: P211091
Old photograph number: A11448
Caption: The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Maldon. Looking NW.
Description: The Parish Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Maldon. Looking NW. Stone and brickwork, Maldon Parish Church. The oldest part of the church dates from c. 1130. Building material used on the church includes flints, cementstones and Roman tiles. The tower, which fell down is 1605, was restored c. 1636. The red bricks used, measuring 10 x 5 x 2 inches, were common to all parts of the county at that time. They are thought to have been made locally.
Date taken: 01/01/1971
Photographer: Curtis, S.
Copyright statement: NERC
X longitude/easting: 585500
Y latitude/northing: 207500
Coordinate reference system, ESPG code: 27700 (OSGB 1936 / British National Grid)
Orientation: Landscape
Size: 351.67 KB; 1000 x 796 pixels; 85 x 67 mm (print at 300 DPI); 265 x 211 mm (screen at 96 DPI);
Average Rating: Not yet rated
Categories: Unsorted Images, Geoscience subjects/ Economic geology/ Building stones  

Reviews

There is currently no feedback